12.12.2006

Oh, Fudge!

Lest anyone think from my previous post that I have lost my Christmas spirit, I am posting a yummy, super simple fudge recipe. I made homemade food gifts for co-workers that included this to-die-for fudge, Finnish Pulla (coffee bread) and Spiced Hazelnuts. The fudge is SO simple and the hint of cinnamon reminds me of the hot chocolate I tasted eons ago on our high school trip to Mexico. Yummy!

Ingredients:
1 lb confectioners sugar
0.5 cup unsweetened cocoa
0.25 tsp (I actually used closer to 0.75 tsp, but I love the stuff!) ground cinnamon
0.5 cup butter (real butter here, people, no margarine allowed!)
0.25 cup milk (skim worked just fine)
1 .5 tsp pure vanilla extract (again, the real thing here...imitation stuff is all alcohol!)
1 cup chopped nuts (I'm not a nutty fudge fan, so I left these out.)

Directions:
1. Line an 8" square baking pan with foil, allowing foil to extend over sides. Butter foil.
2. In bowl, mix together sugar, cocoa and cinnamon.
3. In a saucepan, heat butter and milk together until butter melts. Remove from heat; add vanilla extract. Combine with sugar mixture. Stir in nuts (if using them). Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate at least one hour.
4. Use foil to lift out of pan. Cut into 2-inch squares. Diagonally cut each square in half, making triangles. Garnish with nut halves, if desired.

I found the recipe (minus the parentheticals, of course!) on www.allrecipes.com. Hope you find it tasty!

Cheers!

1 comment:

thelovelist said...

Thanks so much for the sweet compliments on my blog. What are you looking for - a total overhaul or simply a header, logo, or background? Let me know.