As indicated in my previous post, I don't get to see too many movies in the theatre. This does not, however, mean that I don't love a good movie. I've never been one of those people, though, who can quote chapter and verse from their fave flick.
So when I found this meme over at Badger's place, I was intrigued. It's fun, and here are the ground rules:
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Strike it out (I'll be darned if I can figure out how to do that!) when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. GUESSERS: NO GOOGLING/using IMDb search functions. I mean, you can cheat if you want, but is it really that important?
6. One movie guess per blogger. Give people a chance to guess before you steal all of the awesome!
Here we go, kiddos!
1. Way to go, Cami! From "The American President"..."How'd you finally do it? Do what? Manage to give a woman flowers and be president at the same time? Well, it turns out I've got a rose garden."
2. Carrie Lea! Carrie Lea! Carrie Lea! From "Rudy"..."We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. We're gonna get 'em on the run boys and once we get 'em on the run we're gonna keep 'em on the run. And then we're gonna go go go go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline. This is a team they say is... is good, well I think we're better than them. They can't lick us, so what do you say men?"
3. Yay, TulipMom! From "You've Got Mail"..."Brinkley is my dog. He loves the streets of New York as much as I do. Although he likes to eat bits of pizza and bagels off the sidewalk and I prefer to buy them."
4. Let's hear it for our South African blogging friend, Hanlie! From "The Princess Bride"..."Hear this now: I will always come for you. But how can you be sure? This is true love - you think this happens every day?"
5. "Sure you didn't put booze in that? Something better. Perhaps you should give it to my daughter. Melt that chilly disposition of hers."
6. "They say you're the world's only living heart donor."
7. "Up until now everything around here has been, well, pleasant. Recently certain things have become unpleasant. Now, it seems to me that the first thing we have to do is to separate out the things that are pleasant from the things that are unpleasant."
8. Home Run, Kelly! From "A League of Their Own"..."Careers and higher education are leading to the masculinization of women, with enormously dangerous consequences to the home, the children, and our country. When our boys come home from war, what kind of girls will they be coming home to? And now the most disgusting example of this sexual confusion: Mr. Walter Harvey of Harvey bars is presenting us with women's baseball. Right here in Chicago, young girls plucked from their families are gathered at Harvey Field, to see which one of them can be the most masculine. Mr. Harvey, like your candy bars, you're completely... nuts."
9. "You think that mosquitos, monkeys, and lions are bad? That is just the beginning. I've seen things you've only seen in your nightmares. Things you can't even imagine. Things you can't even see. There are things that hunt you in the night. Then something screams. Then you hear them eating, and you hope to God that you're not dessert. Afraid? You don't even know what afraid is. You would not last five minutes without me."
10. "That's all."