6.23.2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook--June 23rd

FOR TODAY

Outside my Window...an absolutely gorgeous blue sky, with temperatures in the seventies. A wonderful change from the crazy summer rains of the past few days.

I am thinking...that if I don't clean off my desk soon, I may never find the actual surface.

I am thankful for...my Venti White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks--my Monday treat. I desperately needed coffee this morning. :)

From the kitchen...making something with the potatoes, tomatoes and onions I picked up at the fresh market this weekend. Baking brownies with SS#1 to sell at church this weekend to raise money for the Kids Helping Kids project to benefit New Life for Haiti.

I am creating...summer plans. But always trying to remember that I'm not ultimately in control of those plans.

I am going...to pick up SS#1 from camp at noon, then he'll spend the rest of the day "helping" me in the office.

I am wearing...black trousers with a dotted summer blouse and black sandals.

I am reading..."Persepolis" by Marjane Satrapi, the common reader for our incoming freshmen.

I am hoping...to really get some organizing accomplished this week.

I am hearing...the trucks and cars driving by.

Around the house...always laundry, but also some serious garage sale sorting.

One of my favorite things...is to go to bed with a really clean house.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...take SS#1 to the dentist tomorrow, attack the closets with a vengeance, baking and cooking. Oh, and working on Saturday :( as we have nearly 800 high school students on campus for a leadership conference.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... "The Walk to Paradise Garden" by W. Eugene Smith. One of my favorite photos.

Hope you know the drill by now. Go see Peggy for more posts!

No comments: