4.11.2007

Today is April 11, 2007

I feel the need to remind myself of that fact.

Often.

As you know by now, I'm not especially adept at posting photos. Especially since I can't find the cord for my digital camera (see previous organizing post).

Let me describe this morning's scene.

At precisely 6:30, my two alarm clocks wake me from a lovely slumber. Said alarm clocks are one very vocal 14 month old boy and one very vocal 5 month old puppy. I leave my room to let the puppy out to do her business and stop at the top of the stairs and stare out the window.

Our lovely spring suburban scene (read: standard residential subdivision, circa 2002) was, well, white. And wet.

Yes, dear friends, it is April 11, 2007. And we have snow.

Now, I've lived in the Midwest for the better part of my life, and in the Chicago area for nearly 8 years. I know that the only thing you can count on with weather is that it changes. But snow in mid-April is, in my opinion, ridiculous.

Perhaps we can blame it on Al Gore and global warming. Or maybe on the thinning of the ozone layer. Or maybe on the fact that I took my winter coat to the cleaners on MONDAY!! Silly me, thinking this "winter" thing was over! I'd like to blame Sanjaya, but honestly (and I can't believe I'm saying this two weeks in a row!), he actually performed halfway decently this week. At any rate, we have snow.

And I just heard that we are expecting 1-2 more inches tonight.

Today is April 11, 2007.

Cheers!

No comments: