11.19.2007

Habitual Posting, Gridiron Giants and That Christmas Spirit

So the experts say that if you do something for 21 days in a row, it becomes a habit. Between my prep for NaBloPoMo, and the month of November itself, I've been posting for 22 days. Does this mean I've truly created a blogging habit? We shall see! I'm bound and determined to be eligible for prizes! :)

Now, I'm not a huge football fan, but I do enjoy a good game of college ball. I think I've been pretty clear that my loyalties lie with a certain southwest Ohio university, located in the idyllic college town of Oxford. Yes, dear readers, my beloved Redskins (see #14) have advanced to the MAC Championship Game! They will do battle with another victim of the Political Correctness Name Game, Central Michigan University on Saturday, December 1st. Go Miami!

Today is the day I've been dreading for several weeks. I've mentioned that I'm an event planner at a university. Today we decorate Christmas trees. My office is responsible for five trees, including the one in the President's Dining Room. Now, it's not the actual process of decorating these trees that I dread (I have a WONDERFUL student staff!). It's what they signify. Over the next five weeks, our office is responsible for no less than thirty events, including three college recognition ceremonies, a cocktail reception/dinner gala for 175, a huge retirement luncheon, a Christmas cocktail/hors d'oeuvres reception for 400, a Baccalaureate Mass and two commencement ceremonies, involving approximately 4000 people over the course of a weekend.

And my husband wonders why I have no desire to decorate my own home for Christmas. If it weren't for Sweet Son #1 and the Manimal, we wouldn't have a Christmas tree.

My alcohol consumption increases dramatically at this time of the year. It gives new meaning to the Spirit(s) of Christmas.

Cheers!

No comments: