11.17.2007

My Best Seller List

So you know I'd love to be a writer (published and paid, of course). I love to read and I love to write. Here's what I've read lately...

Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a condescending, egomaniacal, self-centered, smartass, or, why you should never carry a Prada bag to the unemployment office by Jen Lancaster
  • Oh my goodness! What a hysterical read! This is a well-written, witty, sarcastic memoir, which any preppy (and many others, I'm sure!) would totally love. I started out wanting to smack her pretty little "it's all about me" face and ended up wanting to be her best friend! The devil really does wear pearls! Jen has a great blog "Jennsylvania".

Shopaholic and Baby by Sophie Kinsella

  • I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Becky Bloomwood! I've read all of Kinsella's "Shopaholic" books and this one doesn't disappoint. No big surprises here. Just Becky being Becky. Makes me want to read all of the books in sequence! Rumor has it there's another book or movie in the works.

In progress...

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

  • Who killed Wellington? I'm hoping time will tell. Christopher John Francis Boone, the book's main character, tells this story in first-person perspective. He is "mathematically gifted and socially hopeless".

What's on your bookshelf?

Cheers!

No comments: