1.10.2008

Re-Solutions?

I wanted to write something pithy and inspirational about New Year's Resolutions, seeing as how we are ten days into 2008 and I have yet to put mine down on paper. It seems that every year, folks make the same resolutions. Lose weight, get more organized, reconnect with old friends, get a better job, clean the basement, remodel the bathroom, you get the idea.

While the very idea of putting my "resolutions" down on paper scares the heebie-jeebies out of me, I decided that it might not be such a bad thing.

Then again, do you know what Mark Twain said about New Year Resolutions? "New Year's Day… now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual."

Maybe I'll try to have an unpaved road this year.

Cheers!

No comments: