6.02.2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook--June 2nd

FOR TODAY

Outside my Window...is a gorgeous summery day. All blue skies and white, fluffy clouds--predicted high temps of 82 degrees today!

I am thinking...about how to work on our very tight budget for the summer. I just have to keep remembering that God will provide.

I am thankful for...my wonderful friends in our small group and prayers from Alex & Cindy.

From the kitchen...some yummy foccacia bread I made on Saturday and a new recipe I tried and adapted, Farfalle Pasta with Salmon and Fontina Cheese. Tasty stuff!

I am creating...the summer signage for work. Sigh...

I am going...to the dentist today. He's taking imprints for my bite splint. Stress has brought about a painful habit of teeth grinding. Hopefully the bite splint will help!

I am wearing...chocolate brown trousers and a green/brown summer blouse. Perfect office wear for the warm temps we're expecting!

I am reading...I'm actually headed to the library today looking for "Girl Meets God" by Lauren Winner.

I am hoping...that gas prices go down before we travel this weekend (hahahahahaha). We're currently at $4.12/gallon. Ugh!

I am hearing..."God With Us" by Mercy Me

Around the house...it's time to vacuum/mop the floors, and I absolutely MUST steam clean SS#1's bedroom carpet. Remember, dog + smelly carpet = ICK!

One of my favorite things...are finding 'faces' in the big puffy summer clouds along with my children

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...to finish laundry and be able to pack on Wednesday for our Friday trip to see Nana, Papa and my dear sweet friend and her family. We haven't seen each other in three children (two of hers and one of mine!). Her Firecracker Princess was about 8 mos old the last time I saw her, and now she's 3 1/2! :) It's bound to be a happening with SS#1, The Firecracker Princess, The Manimal, Chubby-Cheeked Monster and Look-Alike!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing for you...It is the "Quietly" figurine from Willow Tree. My Mom gave it to me for Mother's Day. It sits on my desk at work so "my boys" are always with me.

Go see more Daybooks at Peggy's site! :)


1 comment:

Aisling said...

You are blessed to eb able to get decent Christian books like that from the library, wish we could over here!
I am late signing the Mr Linky for the daybook, but I've done it now.