7.02.2008

Green Smoothie Love

Well, it seems as though my Daybook comment about Green Smoothies has piqued some interest. I seriously thought I was the last person in the world who had not tried them. Basically, a green smoothie is made by taking a bunch of fresh greens (spinach, in my case) and a bunch of fresh fruit, and blend the heck out of it. There are variations all over the place. One good site to check out is Green Smoothie Girl. While I don't embrace a raw food diet, I am attempting to use whole, organic food whenever possible.

I was introduced to the green goodness by Heather. My initial response was "I don't think I could eat anything THAT color." Because, my friends, when I say "green smoothie", I mean GREEN. But seriously, it is SO tasty, and SO healthy, once you start, you can't stop.

Go green!

1 comment:

Kristen's Raw said...

You're so right! Once you start having them, you feel so amazing that you can't imagine life without them :)

I love having spinach, apples and lots of cinnamon :) YUM!!!