11.19.2008

How'd Ya Like Them Apples?

I love apples. Always have. And when it comes to nutrition, I consider myself relatively middle-of-the-road. I'm pretty knowledgeable on the topic, and try to cook healthy meals for my family. I try to curb fast food consumption for my kids (with limited success, thankyouverymuch Happy Meal Toys), and avoid processed, packaged foods as much as possible.

My friends are all over the spectrum when it comes to nutrition. Two of my friends in particular pretty much represent polar opposites. My friend Heather is, by her own accounting, a whole food junkie. She is a former vegetarian, and takes her family's nutrition very seriously, grinding her own wheat for baking, incorporating vegetables and fruits at every turn, and limiting meat intake. Heather is married with three children and works from home.

Then there is Nicole, who is, uhm, less concerned with what she puts into her body. She's a swingin' single with a fabulous job as the Media/Communications Director for USA Judo. She does love a good workout, but travels extensively for her job, so she doesn't always get to eat, let alone eat healthy.

So what do these two have in common? Well, aside from being old high school and college friends (and having the same fabulous, if a bit naive, high school band director *insert cheesy grin here*), they both want to lose that last 20-25 lbs. Since they both already work out and Nicole is willing to try the food log approach, they did what any young, twenty-first century woman would do.

They started a joint blog.

You absolutely MUST go now and visit my friends The Green Queen and the Salt Fiend.

2 comments:

Jenners said...

I'll definitely check that blog out...I could definitely stand to lose 20-25 pounds. I fell off the Weight Watchers wagon yet again so maybe I can find some help over there!

By the way, have you ever had a Honeycrisp apple? They are unbelievably fantastic but you can't get them all the time.

C. Beth said...

What a fun idea for the blog!!

As for apples...love Pink Lady apples but I'll have to keep an eye out for Honeycrisp.