I'm not superstitious. At all. I don't believe that Friday the 13th is a particularly unlucky day. Just the fact that it's Friday should be cause for celebration!
So in celebration, I did what any blogger worth her salt would do. I swiped this idea from a fellow blogger. Jenny from Chased by Children did a 13 blog today. And so I give you my Random 13.
1. I was 13 for 6 months in 1982 and 6 months in 1983.
2. 13 years ago I was teaching high school band and music appreciation.
3. I've never seen any of the Friday the 13th movies. I don't do horror and gore.
4. This was my 13th blog post.
5. Sweet Son #1 will turn 13 in 2013. I have a friend who always said she wanted to have a baby in 2000 so she'd always remember how old the kid was. She didn't. I did.
6. Many high rise buildings don't have a 13th floor. Floors are numbered sequentially "...11, 12, 14, 15..."
7. Mary Kay Ash started her business on Friday, September 13th in 1963. MK Corporate Headquarters is a 13 story building and has 13 elevators. She felt 13 was a lucky number for her.
8. Apollo 13 is one of my favorite movies. 2. The actual Apollo 13 launched at 13:13 CST on Apr. 11, 1970. The sum of the date's digits (4-11-70) is 13 (as in 4+1+1+7+0 = 13). And the explosion that crippled the spacecraft occurred on April 13 (not a Friday). Luckily, the crew all returned safely to earth.
9. There will be three Friday the 13th occurrences this year. February, March and November all have them.
10. Apparently, superstitious dining parties of 13 in Paris can hire a professional 14th guest, called a quatorzieme.
11. 13 of anything (not just bread) is known as a "Baker's Dozen". Henry III was serious about customer service.
12. The 13 letter of the alphabet is M.
13. If you were born on February 13th, 1996, today is your Golden Birthday!