3.14.2009

Interview with the Star

This interview's been making it's way around the blogosphere and on Facebook. I started out trying to interview both boys, which rapidly degenerated into...well...I have two boys. Use your imagination.

Sweet Son #1 only half-heartedly participated. In his defense, though, he doesn't really understand blogs and doesn't know that his mom has one.

1. What is something mom always says to you?
Sweet Son#1: Turn the TV down.

2. What makes mom happy?
SS#1: The Manimal not destroying stuff for 10 months. (Where the "10 months" thing came from is beyond me. Personally, I've be thrilled if he went 10 minutes without destroying something!)

3. What makes mom sad?
SS#1: Oh, I don't know.

4. How does your mom make you laugh?
SS#1: Tickling her.

5. What was your mom like as a child?
SS#1: You never really told me. (Did I mention he wasn't really "into" the interview?)

6. How old is your mom?
SS#1: I think it's like 29 something? (Did I mention he's my favorite?) :)

7. How tall is your mom?
SS#1: Probably like 5 feet. (I'm nearly 5'10", for the record.)

8. What is her least favorite thing to do?
SS#1: Uhm...

9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
SS#1: Go to work, mostly.

10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
SS#1: Being the director of a band. (This is funny. I was a band director in another lifetime, before SS#1 was even a glint in my eye!)

11. What is your mom really good at?
SS#1: Teaching us new songs. (I direct the children's choir at our church, in which SS#1 participates somewhat grudgingly.)

12. What is your mom not very good at?
SS#1: Using a saw. (Let it be known that I've NEVER used a saw in his presence. As a matter of fact, I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've EVER used a saw!)

13. What does your mom do for her job?
SS#1: Event Planner

14. What is your mom's favorite food?
SS#1: Tacos (Sigh. Not really. We have them once a week in deference to my Mexican Diva Husband)

15. What makes you proud of your mom?
SS#1: Being nice.

16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
SS#1: Spongebob (I don't even know what to say to this.)

17. What do you and your mom do together?
SS#1: Bake cookies.

18. How are you and your mom the same?
SS#1: We're both human beings. (Thanks, Captain Obvious.)

19. How are you and your mom different?
SS#1: She's a girl and I'm a boy. (Again, my boy knows his stuff.)

20. How do you know your mom loves you?
SS#1: *Giggling* (I guess an 8 y/o doesn't want to think about love!)

21. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
SS#1: IHOP (Oh sweet mercy. Again, in deference to the Diva Husband's love of pancakes, we go out for breakfast about once every few months.)

No comments: