10.02.2009

Fragmentation

Friday Fragments?



I discovered this Friday Fragments thingy today over on Georgie's blog. I like it. My brain is pretty fragmented right now, so it's perfect. Here goes.

Oh, speaking of Georgie, have you bloggers all signed up for the Secret Santa Soiree? It's loads of fun and you should sign up. Go now, I'll wait.

Everyone back? Okey-dokey then, onto the next bit of fragmentedwisdom insanity.

I didn't "Back the Bid" and apparently, neither did the IOC voters. Chicago 2016 ain't gonna happen. Although I was less than thrilled about the prospect of the Olympics in Chicago, I was strangely bummed when the Windy City was bumped in the first round.

Uhm...October?! Wheretheheck did you come from?! I'm pretty sure last time I checked it was June.

It's cold here. Don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE fall; it's my favorite season. But this? This is late November weather. Mother Nature, we are not amused.

I love three-paycheck months. They're a sort of freak of the Gregorian Calendar. You go merrily on your way with a paycheck twice a month, then suddenly that fifth Friday sneaks in there. Woo-Hoo!

We're going to check out Halloween costumes for the little monsters this weekend.
SS#1 wants to be whatever 9 y/o boys are into these days some sort of Ninja Warrior/Transformer/X-Men character. The Manimal wants to be a bad policeman lion fireman with a pink jacket.

Moving on.

Am I crazy for planning SS#1's potential summer activities in October?

That was a rhetorical question.

In the spirit of Halloween costumes, I'll leave you with this visual fragment. It's a blurry version of the monsters, aka "Captain Underpants and Sock Fighter Boy".




And just for the record, those underwear and socks were clean when they started this little fantasy game.


**Postscript Fragment--Whattheheck is up with Blogger! UGH!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know about Chicago yet...that stinks! I love the Captain Underpants and Sock Fighter Boy!!

Unknown said...

Thanks, Kris! I never underestimate my children's power to make me laugh!

Sara Bonds @ Ordinary and Awesome said...

We love three paycheck months in our home too! Although, the third paycheck always ends up being for the first of the coming month anyway.

Cute sock/underwear costumes!

Happy (late) FF!

Unknown said...

OMGosh ellebee that pic!!! I love it-it is so cute AND funny!!!

I am so glad you are returning for the 2nd annual SSS TY for the shout out and isnt FF great!

Stopping by with a SSS update:
we sent out the first round of q&a's last night if you did not receive an email from us please click the link below and follow the instructions-if you did get the email and have filled out the q&a you are good to go-your answers were automatically entered in our google doc form...
Thanks and we are so excited you are joining the SSS
http://georgienba.blogspot.com/2009/10/secret-santa-soiree-official-411.html

Mrs4444 said...

Looks like those two know how to have fun!

Yeah, I suppose that while the money would be nice for the city, it would really be tough on the citizens.

I'm in for the SSS!! :)

Thanks for joining up this week! You're welcome any time :)

I'd write more, but the Packer game is on, and my elbows are killing me from clapping so hard earlier; man, I need to settle down!