10.16.2009

Fragmentation

Friday Fragments?


I took today off work. Which is probably a good thing since I have to work an event tomorrow from 7 am-1 pm and then will be headed to our Haiti Banquet (Which doesn't begin until 6, but like most events, I can't just GO and be a guest. I have to get myself involved in the PLANNING. I'm crazy that way.), so say a prayer that the MORE THAN 200 GUESTS will have a great time and loads of money will be raised for our Haitian brothers and sisters!

Diva Husband, the only one of our little family of four who chose not to receive the flu vaccine, has the flu. I'm not, however, going to rub it in his face, out of sheer terror that the strain against which I was vaccinated is not the strain which he has contracted.

I'm leaving in four days for a conference in Grand Rapids, MI. My sheer joy at being off work for three days is only topped by the fact that I'm then driving home to the Buckeye State BY MYSELF to go to Homecoming at the best university in the world. Did I mention that I'll be in Ohio for three days BY MYSELF. As in SANS CHILDREN AND HUSBAND? And I'll get to go to Oxford and eat toasted rolls and greasy pizza? Diva Nana (and maybe Diva Papa) will be traveling down with me to share in the joy that is a quintessential college town in the fall.

But my children and husband?

NOT!

I've decided to put out an all points bulletin for early Autumn. Clearly she's been snatched away and we've gone right past October and into late November weather.

Our dining room ceiling is leaking. More accurately, I suppose, it's actually our master bathroom floor. Either way, it's not good. And it's wet.

SS#1 is having his school pictures taken on Wednesday. I leave REALLY EARLY Wednesday morning. No way in Hades am I leaving the outfit up to him. We'll be having a practice dressing session.

Did I mention that I'm going to be away from home BY MYSELF for six whole days? Of course, I'll probably miss the boys (big and little) and have to talk to them every night. I'll probably end up sleeping on the edge of the bed, just because that's where I usually end up.

Maybe the hotel will hire a couple of local school kids to bang on my door to wake me up in the morning?

3 comments:

Sassy Pants Freckle Face said...

Have a Fantastic Time!

Caution/Lisa said...

I'm jealous - just a little kidless time...wow.

I got a flu shot AND I ended up with a flu. A full week of it. Yuck!

Have fun with your trip!

Stacey said...

Enjoy your break! Hope you stay healthy while away.