12.08.2009

Ten on Tuesday

Welcome to Ten on Tuesday!

While I'm hardly on Oprah's level (and certainly don't have the cash to be able to provide all four of my readers with an array of my favorites), I thought I'd share with you a few of my favorite things.

1. This past year I discovered Mitford, NC. The Mitford series of books, by Jan Karon is my favorite literary escape place. As a friend of mine said, "Father Tim is the only book character who ever made me want to be a better person."

2. Magic--or more accurately Avon MagiX Face Perfector. As far as I'm concerned, this little tube is pure gold. It is a fabulous primer and has a 20 SPF rating. Makes my mineral foundation glide on. And it's only $10, so it won't break the bank! Love it!

3. I've always been a bit skeptical of electric blankets. Somehow, sleeping under thinly veiled live electrical wires made me sure that I'd be baked alive in my sleep was a bit disconcerting to me. Then my husband introduced me to the warm snuggly goodness of the heated mattress pad. About 10 minutes before I go to bed I turn it on to Level 5 and when I get into bed, my sheets and blanket are all toasty.

4. Since I play piano for our church and help direct the Kids Praise Choir, I'm always on the lookout for sheet music. Most of the time, I'm only looking for a particular song, and don't need an entire book. That's where Musicnotes comes in. A must check site for every musician!

5. Postdated Blogging--it's a heckuva lot easier to post regularly if I can do some in advance and schedule it to post at a later date.

6. The instrumental version of "Sleigh Ride"--Best.Holiday.Tune.Ever. Especially as performed here by the Boston Pops.



7. "I love coffee, I love tea..." I do love a cup of coffee in the morning, but feel like a whole pot goes to waste. So on my Christmas list this year is one of these babies.



8. "I love coffee, I love tea..." While I love my coffee, I do love a good cuppa as well. My favorite place to purchase tea is Adagio. Their teas are delish, prices are reasonable, and customer service amazing. If you, like me, are a tea lover, leave me a comment with your email and I'll send you a link with a $5 gift certificate!

9. One of my favorite daily reads is The Pioneer Woman. While it's not like she's a newby to the blogosphere, if you haven't visited the ranch, you absolutely must go now. I'll wait.

10. Finally, since the holidays and gift giving are upon us, the tenth item on my fave list is a lovely little online shop that combines my love of letter writing with my love of personalized things with my love of tea (even if in name only).

Three little words: English Tea Paperie.

I came across this site a couple of years ago via a bloggy buddy, Chloe. Chloe is a British expat living in the USA, and a stay-at-home mom who funnels her creative juices into designing personalized stationery. Her designs are sweet

fun

classy
and sometimes a little naughty.
Prices are very reasonable and the quality of the notes is top-notch. She sends them to you in a ribbon-wrapped box, and her turnaround time is great.

And since you all know of my love for a deal, you absolutely will lovelovelove her current promo. For a limited time, Chloe is offering 40% off all orders! Enter code 40OFF at checkout.

This means that you can get 20 personalized notes for only $15...the price you'd normally pay for 10 notes! If you place your order by Friday, December 11th, she can guarantee Christmas delivery! The notes make great gifts (I've given them to several friends and family members!), especially if YOU are the recipient! :)

Happy Writing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love my coffee and tea too!
I will have to checkout that MagiX face stuff

Hope you have a great week ellebee

Cloggsy said...

Girl, you are the flipping best! Aren't the new linen notes just yummy?!

p.s - I keep wanting to order that avon magiX stuff and now I think I will! Cheers