1.12.2010

Overstimulation

I'm finally to the point where looking at my Christmas pictures doesn't give me the cold shakes.

You know what I'm talking about, right? I mean, I love Christmas. Love it. But frankly, it's stressful. So I take the pictures, then don't look at them again until my Christmas decorations are packed safely away until next year.

Of course, that means that half of the toys you'll see in the following pictures are probably down in the land of forgotten toys playroom already.

Just kidding.

These pics are actually some pre-Christmas celebrating with our nieces. Here is our youngest niece, Cutie Pie, with DH. She was fascinated by DH's train around our tree.


Once The Manimal realized that someone else had captured Daddy's attention, he quickly tried to capture Daddy...

...and the spotlight.

SS#1 isn't really defying gravity here. For some reason, Blogger decided to rotate my picture.

Our older niece, The Amazing B., took some time to work on a craft. Just like her Auntie, that one! :)
Thanks to my wonderful Aunt J., a lovely Diva herself, we had some TO DIE FOR, chocolate ice cream over the holidays. If you like chocolate ice cream, you absolutely MUST get your hands on the Zanzibar Chocolate from The Chocolate Shoppe. It's not in any way healthy. In fact, their nutritional information disclaimer reads as follows:

"Don't even ask. This is the best ice cream made in Wisconsin, and it tastes so good because it has gobs of rich Wisconsin cream, tons of real ingredients for boat-loads of luscious flavors. This means it's not low-fat, low-calorie, or low-anything, and that's why everyone loves it. You want nutrition, eat carrots!"

The Manimal demonstrated our collective love of this ice cream.

I got to display one of my favorite Christmas decorations this year. My Grams (mom extraordinaire to Auntie J. and Diva Nana, as well as two fabulous Uncles) made this ceramic Christmas village.

Princess the Wonder Dog even got to celebrate with her gift from "The Bacon Lady" (aka Diva Nana).

Diva Nana has a loathing dislike is not especially fond of dogs. Princess, of course, sensed this right away and took a liking to her. One day when Diva Nana was cooking breakfast, she was feeling generous and gave PTWD a piece of bacon.

The "liking" became a full-blown obsession, and Diva Nana has joked ever since that PTWD must smell bacon every time she sees my mom.

While I love to take pictures, I don't often get the "wow" shot. This is SS#1 opening our family gift, a Wii (Papa & Diva Nana got us the Wii Fit Plus to go with it).


A very intense game of "Hungry, Hungry Hippos" between The Manimal and DH.


Did you know that while you are playing H3, you must yell "HUNGRY, HUNGRY HIPPOS" at the top of your lungs?

It's a rule.

Or so I've been told by a very bossy knowledgeable nearly four year old.

Preschool board games are great for venting one's frustration. Witness our resident police officer and his Whack-a-Mole game.


Be warned, though. Venting one's frustration can also be painful.

Or maybe it was just a massive case of overstimulation.


No comments: