10.03.2007

...and f ' uck too!

Oh my goodness! Has it really been more than a month? How in the world did I let this go so long?

A quick update, if for no other reason than it will make me feel better for being so blog-neglectful!

Our Gala Scholarship Dinner was a smashing success, with the stunningly gorgeous Grand Ballroom at the Chicago Hilton as our backdrop. Absolutely lovely, with loads of money raised for needy college students. Thank goodness, or it would've meant that the previous six weeks (and several months in the planning) was a total waste of my time!

My first official foray into the world of college professorship (albeit adjunct) is going well, and a handful of my twenty students actually want to be professional event planners. Poor souls...

The manimal has uttered his second pseudo-obscenity. Thoroughly amused by his toddler-speak for "glasses", Nana decided to teach him "fire truck". You can guess where that went.

Sweet Son #1 (and Mom) survived his tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy. Have I mentioned that he has a flair for the dramatic? The nurse who came to speak with me when they brought him to recovery even mentioned it. Seems as though he was complaining so insistently of the pain when he woke up (which, as I understand it, is somewhat unusual, as they still tend to be numb at that point), that they had to administer a milligram of morphine. All is back to normal, with the runs to soccer, scouts and all school activities.

Princess Poopy Puppy is approaching her first birthday, and is becoming more like a child every day. She absolutely craves attention, and has actually become a bit jealous of the Manimal and the attention he gets. As I type this, she is sleeping on my feet, glad to have me to herself for a while.

I traveled to Western New York on business this past weekend, and had the opportunity to go to Niagara Falls. I hadn't been since I was a child, and didn't remember how truly amazing it was. We even took the famous "Maid of the Mist" tour, which was breathtaking (and wet).

So there are my excuses. Hope you all have had an exciting month as well! :)

Cheers!

1 comment:

FluteLoop said...

I am so glad to hear that your Gala Scholarship Dinner went well. Don't you just love when hard work pays off? And your manimal's toddler-speak is too funny! I have a small cousin who likes to tell everything to "sits down", not sit down. It gets a laugh out of everyone around, and she looks at us wanting to know what we're laughing about. Poor little thing!